The organic farmer considers nature his ally.
In order to farm a piece of land, he evaluates factors such as the soil´s nature, the climate, the water regime, average rainfall and local biodiversity. With that, he organizes his production system in order to favor the soil´s natural balance, not just preserving but rebuilding its fertility.
In addition, to ensure quality and healthiness, organic products are primarily free of pesticides and synthetic substances, encompassing factors such as:
- They are produced minding the concern to not destroy natural resources;
- Producers value the local fauna and flora;
- The work of the people involved is valued, with dignified conditions and respected work rights;
- In order to produce them, a lot of care is placed in order not to destroy or erode the soil, which is protected, or recovered, so it can stay fertile;
- Organic production does not have transgenic products.