Some other national and international companies developed management systems that, just like Native, bring positive consequences to biodiversity in their agricultural areas. Such truly pioneer companies were not recognized by the market for adopting such actions.
The "Biodiversity Friendly" (BF) ecologic certification was precisely created to show to customers, importers and final consumers such companies’ commitment to biodiversity and to stimulate other companies to replicate those actions. It is a non governmental, volunteer guarantee and control mechanism. The Biodiversity Friends Association (Associação Amigos da Biodiversidade) is responsible for granting the seal.
The companies seeking to receive certification must be evaluated according to 10 principles elaborated during several meetings and seminars attended by researchers, consumers, farmers, jornalists, environmentalist NGOs representatives and government institutions acting in both agricultural activity and biodiversity conservation. Such principles contemplate aspects like:
01. Obeying environmental legislation;
02. Respect to workers;
03. Agricultural destination of fields;
04. Conservationist production;
05. Rights and accountability over land control;
06. Environmental evaluation;
07. Production systems and environmental impact;
08. Biodiversity conservation plan;
09. Environmental monitoring and respect for surrounding areas.